Presenter Application Instructions
The Scotland Institute welcomes papers, program presentations, poster sessions, or brief workshops by counselor educators, scholars, and researchers. Students may co-present with an establish researcher (typically doctoral level), a licensed professional, faculty member, or submit a proposal for inclusion as a “poster session.” All presentations should relate to some aspect of counseling education, supervision, and counseling practice. Professional topics relating to the counseling profession, school counseling, substance treatment, ethical issues, and intercultural counseling issues are also considered for program review and presentation. Presentation submissions to the Scotland Institute are “peer reviewed” by members of the Scotland Institute Program Committee, based on scholarship and topic relevance.
To submit a proposal – Send an email with “<your name> Scotland Proposal” in the subject line. Include a page attachment (MS Word only) addressing:
- Presentation Title and a 2-3 sentence “description” for inclusion in program schedule.
- A one-page Summary of the proposed presentation. We are particularly interested in getting a sense of how you will convey your topic to the audience.
- Preferred Presentation Format: “poster session”, “90-minute education session”, or “roundtable discussion”.
- Presentation focus (e.g., research, clinical, supervision, etc.
- Primary Audience (e.g. student, new professionals, all audiences, etc.)
- Name(s), full contact information, and abridged CV for each presenter. Please indicate the name of the “lead presenter,” if there are multiple presenters. (Please note that all listed presenters must register for the Institute.)
Email program presentation proposals to Dr. Brian Canfield at Brian@intapc.org
Presentation Proposals will be evaluated and applicants will be notified of the status of their presentation proposal typically within three weeks of submission. Accepted presentations will be added to the Institute program schedule on a “rolling acceptance” basis until all open presentation slots are filled. All presenters must be registered for the Institute in order to confirm presentation acceptance and all presentations will be listed in the final institute program.